It’s that time of year again. Below is a list of the short fiction that was published this year. This was a hectic year, with not a lot of short fiction writing completed…with my focus falling on completing my 2nd short story collection ‘Soft Reboot’ and my NSFW novella ‘Return the Rose’. Also wrote a 2nd novella, which with any luck might come out next year.
English language Short Fiction
- Skating on Gladius – Planetside – Shacklebound Press – November 2022
- Low Tide – Short Horror Stories – Shacklebound Press – November 2022
- Songs for Lilly – #Lockdown Fantasy anthology Black Hare Press – September 2022
- Now They Light the Flames – Wyrms – Shacklebound Press – July 2022
- In the Boneyard Good – Drabbledark 2 – Shacklebound Press – June 2022
- Candle for Knife – Drabbledark 2 – Shacklebound Press – June 2022
- King of the Hill – Planet Raconteur – May 2022
- Stained Glass – Punk – Black Hare Press – April 2022
- Please Remain Calm – Wyldblood Magazine – April 2022
- Taming the Xh-Rhoo – Martian Magazine – January 2022
- Overwrite – Kraxon – January 2022
Also, my short story ‘All Through the House’, adapted into the award-winning episode of Netflix’s ‘Love, Death & Robots’, was re-published in the LD+R anthology this year, with this stunning cover. Find it here.
Also, this December will see the release of my 2nd short story collection, ‘Soft Reboot’, which features 18 short stories collected in one volume. Find more about it here:
Dutch Language Short Fiction
I had two short stories come out in my native language, which I do intend to write more of at a later point.
Japanese Language Short Fiction
- Blades are the Voice – Ephemeral Voice – March 2022 (Japanese Language)
- Starblind – Ephemeral Voice – March 2022 (Japanese Language)
- Making the Edge – Ephemeral Voice – March 2022 (Japanese Language)
- Top of the World – Ephemeral Voice – March 2022 (Japanese Language)
- Hinotori – Ephemeral Voice – March 2022 (Japanese Language)
This year was one of new challenges, both writing and personal. I hope this next year will allow for similar breakthroughs and see more publications on my end.
Be kind to one another.